FireKeepers Casino Hotel Donates 1,000 Turkeys to Area Food Banks
(Battle Creek, Mich.) – FireKeepers Casino Hotel owned and operated by the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi, is pleased to announce that a donation of 1,000 turkeys will be made to area food banks.
For the fifth consecutive year, FireKeepers Casino Hotel will contribute to area food banks prior to the start of the holiday season. Since opening, FireKeepers Casino Hotel has contributed to local communities, including distributions to the FireKeepers Local Revenue Sharing Board (FLRSB), distributions to the state of Michigan, as well as focusing business operations on local spending.
“We are excited for the opportunity to partner with the local food banks for the fifth consecutive year,” stated R. Bruce McKee, CEO of FireKeepers Casino Hotel. “The food banks continue to put forth a tremendous effort year-round providing meals to those in need, and this extra assistance from FireKeepers during the holiday season will benefit many families in these communities.”
Five area locations have been selected for a donation of 200 turkeys each, including:
- Food Bank of South Central Michigan located in Battle Creek, Mich.
- Food Gatherers located in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Feeding America West Michigan Food Bank located in Comstock Park, Mich.
- Community Harvest Food Bank located in Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Food Bank of Eastern Michigan located in Flint, Mich.